What medication should be taken to manage severe back pain due to arthritis?

What s the difference between Norco and Vicodin. My doctor prescribes Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen 7.5-325 for arthritis pain in my lower back. The prescription bottle says Norco. But, I ve heard Vicodin is stronger. However, when my back hurts now I need something stronger tHan ehat he prescribes. What would be a good suggestion for my pain management doctor?
Fri, 14 Dec 2018

In my opinion, for the treatment of lower back, continue with the painkillers as having been prescribed. Norco is not an individual medicine but a group of painkillers, so there is no comparison between Norco and Vicodin.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gopal Goel,
Orthopaedic Surgeon
General & Family Physician Dr. Shinas Hussain's  Response

You can try higher end analgesics like gabapentin for pain relief.

If symptoms persist, better to consult an orthopedician and opt for steroid injection to the spine.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,