Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What medication should be given to an infant to stop loose motions.

Hi, my 5 months old daughter is having loose motions since 3 weeks. My doctor suggested me to give Normet . Still loose motions has not stopped. Initially she was given Sporlac, zeedot tablet , and Cefex. Nothing worked for her. I am really worried. Please suggest me some medicine which helps her stop loose motions.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  849
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
A 5 month old can pass stools as many times as she takes feeding.
So if she is really having loose motions I would suggest you to get her stools tested to rule out infection.
If she is having loose motions since 3 weeks I guess if it was a infection she would have been severely dehydrated.
I would suggest you to stop all antibiotics and get her stools tested and with the report consult a Paediatrician.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 22 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see its really alarming symptoms infant may be go in dehydration you can give her syp.zynconia 10drops in once a day plus give her ors and immidietly concern pediatrics for that.
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor