Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What medication do I take for hematemesis?

what medication do you take for hematemesis? (vomiting blood) I am 15 years old and i have never smoked, or drank. though i live with my aunt and uncle and they smokes around me often and i inhale the second hand smoke (not on purpose though). Recently i have started to vomit up blood and i dont know why. It is somewhat painful for me and my stomach hurts a lot. If you know any medications to take for this plese tell me. I went to the doctor and all he did was confuse me and he didnt prescibe a medication either and it hasn't stopped, it's only gotten worse. So if anyone knows please help me out. Thank you.


Asked On : Mon, 1 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  443
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hematemesis is not a disease, it is only a manifestation of an underlying disease which has to be investigated first. A Gastroenterologist consultation along with an Upper GI Endoscopy is quite helpful for you.

Answered: Mon, 1 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor