Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

What medication can be used to get relief from pain in vaginal opening ?

Hello Doctor, I am married, I am suffering from severe pain in the opening of my birth canal(vaginal opening). My husband`s first closeness was very painful though he freed me on my first say. I happened 7 months ago. Now I feel pain when that area is somehow stretched, but generally i feel little pain. Now what should I do?? Thanks .....
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
This situation is called dyspareunia, may have followed trauma and bruise during first contact. Often it may be due to infection. Please confirm if there is any foul smell or discharge, that may suggest infection. Minor issues can be easily overcome by moisturizer lubrication or an anesthetic gel, and a good long foreplay.
Let me know i any other issue apart from this.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shanthi.E's  Response

You should overcome the pain and get out of any fear or anxiety that you have on this issue.

Please consult a Gynecologist and get an internal examination done to rule out any local causes of infection. If it is normal, then you should feel free and let go of the pain.

Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
It seems you have a perineal muscle spasms which in your case seem to be caused by anxiety. I would suggest that you take it easy and relax.
For the pain, you can apply a topical anesthetic gel like lignocaine on the affected area. In addition, please see a gynaecologist who can use a Hegar's dilator to slowly dilate the vaginal opening ( if there is a narrowing as such).
I hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see it may happened in newly married couple because of fear,anxiety.see there are any internal injury or not? you have to contact gynec for that for physical examination for confirm the have to sit in leukwarm water ad 1tsf of detoll in it.which may relive your pain.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor