Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What medication can be given to stop drinking ?

Sir my father is 50 years old and he drinks frequently .Can you suggest any medicine fro hime to quit drinking Sir my father is 50 years old and he drinks frequently .Can you suggest any medicine fro hime to quit drinking
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
You can give your father capsicum annum Q 10 drops in milk or water twice daily for a month or two it will definately help in removing addiction of alcohol

Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Alcohol addiction/ dependance is curable but the withdrawal symptoms are tremendous.hence it requires a lot of emotional and motivational support along with every day inspiration to maintain the determination to quit. Rest is the work of the drugs.
The treatment of this condition comprise of combination therapy that includes behaviour therapy, medications, alchoholic anonymous. this is otherwise called the alcoholic rehabilitation.Please check in your city for such treatment centres.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor