Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What medication can be done for the fracture of proximal humerus ?

Fracture of proximal humerus due to fall, what i wiil do?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
If the fracture has not lead to any displacement,non operative treatment with a sling will be useful alongwith exercises.When fracture displacement occurs surgical intervention is needed.You need a x-ray to be done to know the kind and degree of fraction.A doctor is immediately needed.
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Dilip Vakade's  Response
Depending on whether the fracture is open (bone fragments exposed) or not the treatment would be planned. In minor undisplaced fractures a plaster cast is put and arm immobilized. If there is severe displacement an oopen reduction of the fragments would be planned. The cast is put usually for 8 weeks. analgesics can be taken for the pain.
Hope that answers the question
Take care
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor