Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What medication can I take post a bypass surgery for pain in my thigh muscles ?

hello sir..i had bypass bypass surgery in 2003 and for the last 1 nd half yr i hav constant pain surrounding my chest ..all the results are positive and doctors said that this is due to drastic increase in my taking plagerineA,metostratan,cardace,methyldopa,glucored forte and volibio..along with this for the last 1 month am also having severe pain in leg thigh muscles..docotrs have told me to stop the use of nikoran5 and imdur when the thigh pain started..inspite of atopping those tab am still having the there any solution in this regard ??am i using wrong medicines
Asked On : Tue, 19 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi. Thanks for your query and using Health Care Magic

First of all let me summarize

You are a Diabetic and Hypertensive. Underwent CABG in 2003.
Since 1 1/2 years, you have developed chestpain - Results positive - Likely Ischemic
Since 1 month, severe pain in leg and thigh muscles.

First of all, all the medications which you have mentioned are essential medicines and are definitely required. none among them can cause leg/thigh pains.

I think, there are few possibilities for your leg/thigh pain.
1. Patients who have heart disease are on a group of medications called - Statins. Its comes as Atrovas/Storvas and so on. These medicine can cause muscle injury and muscle pains. You should look your medication list to see if it contains this group of medications. If yes, then stop it. you should also get your muscle enzymes levels (CPK) tested.
2. The pain can be neurologic in origin. That is, its can be due to disc problem in the low back and pain can get radiated down the thigh and legs.
3. You should also get Doppler of Lower Limb Arteries and veins to check if there is any form of blockage of arteries.

Do get back if you need any further information


Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma's  Response
You may need to do a repeat coronary angiogram and see if any new blocks have come; it is 8 years since your CABG.
You should optimize your BP, blood sugar, cholesterol, diet, exercise and your medication in close consultation with your treating cardiologist/diabetologist.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor