Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. Histotoxic hypoxia (or histoxic hypoxia) is the inability of cells to take up or utilize oxygen from the bloodstream, despite physiologically normal delivery of oxygen to such tissues. Histotoxic hypoxia results from tissue poisoning, such as that caused by alcohol, cyanide (which acts by inhibiting cytochrome oxidase) and certain other poisons like hydrogen sulfide. Alcohol changes membrane permeability of cells which can affect ATP utilization by cells and tissues, which can lead to histotoxic hypoxia specially in overdose. Wish you good health and all the best.