Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What measures should a mother take to increase milk production ?

Hello Doctor! My new born boy baby is 45 days old. My milk secretion is normal during day time. Baby is normally drinking my milk during day time but he is crying a lot, during night time (10pm-1am) at the time of feeding . It seems my milk secretion (around 20 ml) is low and milk is not sufficient for him. Please tell me the reason for this and advice me how to increase the milk secretion. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
As milk secretion is fine during day time so there should not be any problem with secretion at night time.
In fact your baby might have Infantile colic which is very common at night.
Nothing to worry, this will remain for 2-3 months.
You can give antispasmodic drops when required.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 20 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor