Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

What measures should I take to do away with depression due to cheating in my first love affair ?

hi...i work in cruise ship i m 25 yr female...i was dating a guy for 1 month....n he went home for vacation....n got married....i m in depression ....i was unaware of the fact.....that he was playing around....n feel like his friends who r my friends also....betrayed me....n never told me ... d truth... i m in no contact with him.bcoz ....he is not talking to me.......feel like he could have ...broken off things....i feel used n hate myself......its been for 4 and half months n still going on .....i feel depressed...crying....all the time... did biggest mistake of my life n he was my first affair....
Asked On : Thu, 8 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello , I am sorry that you were hurt. People don't often behave the way we want or expect them to. You stated that you are no longer in contact with him, I believe that is a good thing, despite the fact that you may want some closure, trying to maintain contact would likely only hurt you worse.
It is sad that your first affair ended like this but we often don't choose who our heart will love, but we can choose to learn from our experiences and we can choose how we greive.
You will learn to detect any warning signs in your next relationship and they will be a next one.
I know you may feel overwhelmed by losing him right now and it may not seem that things will get better but believe me they will , the heart is extremely resilient.
You need to do things, go places, talk to friends that will take your mind off of your ex. It may seem difficult to move and you may not want to. but it is the best thing for you, call up a friend, take a walk, see a movie. Do something! If you just stay home you will just grieve. Soon as you start going about again, it will start getting easier. Tell yourself you will not think about him for 2 hours and spend that time on something that you enjoy or you could pick up a new interest or sport. The next day it may be 3 or 4 hours and so on.
Remember the fact that he treated you badly reflects poorly on him not you and the longer you spend crying over him the more power you are allowing to exert over you. Ask yourself whether you want the person that you now know he is to exert any influence in your life.
If you find that you still cannot bring yourself to do anything, still feel depressed with no energy, appetite or have difficulty sleeping or ideas of self harm you may want to see someone because you may have depression.
Answered: Thu, 8 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B. P. Sinha's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic, You did not do any thing wrong. Past can not be wiped out and tomarrow is unknown, You are honest to yourself & he is a cheater. God saved you to be ruined. Start from the present point. " DO NOT SPOIL TODAYS PLEASURE FOR UNKNOWN TOMARROW". For immediate relief you may take help from a psychiatrist who will give you some anti-anxiety & anti-depressant for a short time to get out of depression in no time. My pleasure if this advice helps you.
Answered: Fri, 9 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor