Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What measures should I take for scaly skin on palm and feet ?

Hi, I am suffering from scaling of skin mostly of the palm and feet. Though i am 22/F, my hands and feet look as if they belong to some old person. I have tried all sorts of vitamins but nothing helps for more than 2 months. I follow a very regular lifestyle with 7.5 hours of daily sleep and 45 min of relatively fast cycling. To mention, I also eat well. I hardly sweat even after rigorous work in humid climate. Please advice.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you have got dry skin of palms and foot.
Go for thyroid test.
Take plenty of water and nourishing food.
Take green veges and fresh fruits.
Take vit A,D and E.
Apply good moisturizing cream.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, this is most common prob in case of dry skin. for it you should keep your skin oily or mosturized. dead skin should be removed frequently. you should take protine n vitamin C riched diet, it helps is growing healthy skin.along with it you should get thyroid profile as in case of thyroid hormon imbalance such type of skin appeare.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor