Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What measures can one take to get rid of dry, itchy eyes ?

Hi ,I have my right eye thats itching red feels like there is sand inside . Have it for quite a wile now and been at the doctors many times and they always gives me something for infection but the dry itchiness never goes away. please what can I do.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems that u have allergy in your eyes. The feeling of sand inside the eyes associated with redness and itching gives a typical picture of allergic manifestation in your eyes. You should start with the following:

1> Lotepred Eye Drop ( one drop thrice daily on both the eyes for 10 Days ).
2> Pataday Eye Drop ( one drop once daily for three weeks ).
3> Lubricating Eye drop like "genteal" one drop thrice daily for 1 Month.

If you wear contact lenses stop using the same immediately until recovered with the above.

Answered: Sat, 24 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Saurabh Mittal's  Response
Dear friend,

Your Description suggests that your eye has allergic conjunctivitis. You require to use anti-allergic eye drops. If you are a regular computer user your problem can be due to Computer vision syndrome. In that case you are required to blink a lot while work, take rest while work by closing eyes for a few second, use artificial tears and take diets rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Take care
Answered: Sat, 24 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor