Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What measures can a teen take to gain weight and cure PCOS ?

doctor, im 18 year old girl .i got my first period at 14.last few years i had extreme irregularities in 2010 i didnt had periods for 6 months.last year it occured like once in 4 i consulted a doctor,and done ultrasound pelvis scan,nd she told i have polycystic ovary .she told me it is due to hormonal imbalance.and also she told to take primolut n and gynaecolin for 5 that i will have periods within a week .and to take dronis 20 from the 2nd of periods . i took the 1st 2 medicines for 5 its 4th day from stopping it,still dont have periods.expecting it anytime. doctor my doubt is can these medicines really help me? .should i have to take these more? dont one can get complete cure from it? cant i be pregnent in my life if i have this disease? also doctor when searched online,i found tat one of sympton of it is overwieght. but iam extremely skinny and also underweight .my doctor told me tat i should eat more and attain atleast 40kg weight to have periods.but doctor i used to eat a lot ,eats all type of food,at any time and dont do proper excercise.but iam not gaining weight .most of time i feel weak too. doctor i am badly indeed of gaining weight coz iam too skinny and i dont want to continue like friends used to call me skeleton .and my body dont have any shape as normal girls used to have.there is no fat in my body although i eat many oily foods. doctor, i want you to suggest me my entire diet plan and type of exercices so as to gain weight and decrease polycysitic ovary and i also want to tell this,last month one day when i was watching tv ,suddenly my heart beat increased tremendously so tat i can feel it and it remained for 5 minute causing irritation .1st it beats fastly ,then it slowed down and was vibrating.after few minutes it became normal.after tat it happened to me for more than 5 times.sometimes after lunch,or when waking up from long sleep. but i dont feel it is too serious as iam too young. kindly doctor please reply me
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
you should be simply not over weight,do regular walking and excersie ,eat so much as it coplete your calorie as per your height weight chart only.cosult a good gynaecologist,you may require diane,metformin with duretic but it will be decided by your doctor only but weight reductionand active excersie is very helpful even skeleton but strong donot pay heed to your friend and avoid oily repeated every food taking and gaining weight.
Answered: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Sangeeta Shah's  Response
Ur problem needs to be evaluated by a thyroid profile -TO LOOK FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM. Next PCOS is commonly misdiagnosed -USG shouldshow 12 or more follicles of 2-9mm diameter each or ovarian volume >10cc. So please get your Ultrasound repeated.Also mention if u have any hirsutism(male features).Uare still young if these problems are ruled out allay anxiety Have lots of physical activity(aerobics) and eat fresh vegetables and fruits apart from a balanced diet. Also evaluate for diabetes particularly if u have a family history.
Answered: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor