What may be the cause of neck and shoulder pain?

Hi I have been feeling very sick since yesterday morning and not really had an appetite due to feeling so sick. I was woken up at 5 this morning will a sharp ache in my right neck/ shoulder and I could not settle because of the pain. Eventually I found a position it didn t hurt in. But it is still giving me a lot of pain today. My boyfriend thinks its muscular but I don t know. It is making ne feel sick and it is hurting when I stand, move, and breathe but only stood up. I was due on my period Thursday and still have yet to come on. I am new into a full time job and can sometimes be a little stressed. Is all this connected?
Fri, 14 Dec 2018

As a first line management, you can take analgesics like paracetamol or aceclofenac for pain relief.

If symptoms persist better to consult an orthopedician and plan for an MRI neck to rule out possible causes like cervical spondylitis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,