What may be the cause of burning sensation during urination?

Just last night, I began having pressure, burning and pain with an unusual urge to urinate. Yet, after I attempted to empty my bladder, I still felt those sensations. I was fine this morning, and most of the day, until a couple hours ago. I called to schedule an apt with the MD for tomorrow, but am a little concerned.
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my clinical experience, the cause of burning sensation during urination is urinary infection from various reasons. I recommend to consume plenty of liquids and a cranberry sachet in a glass of water once daily till your consultant guides you further.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.