What may be causing itchy skin rash and how to get relief?

Hi, I am writing because of a type of skin condition that has developed on parts of my face. It is red, and draining a little, very itchy. It started on both eyelids two weeks ago. Now I have some on my ear, my nasal folds, corners of my mouth and middle of my chin. What could this be? Thank you
Fri, 14 Sep 2018

The rash could be a seborrheic dermatitis or an urticaria. Seborrheic dermatitis is usually associated with scales and oily face. You could take an antihistamine tablet empirically.

The rash could be treated only after confirming the diagnosis. I recommend you to consult your dermatologist for arriving at a final diagnosis and to initiate the treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Siva Subramanian, Dermatologist