What may be casuses for knee pain?

what may be casuses for knee pain
Wed, 11 May 2011
's  Response
Causes of knee pain are injury, degeneration, arthritis, infrequently infection,knee dislocation,sprained or torn ligament and rarely bone tumors
X ray should be done to rule out the cause.

my right knee is swollen it hurts when i benditand walk

What is the treatment for knee pain. this is troubling long time.

when i was about 16 yrs old i started having knee pain. my doctor sent me to an orthopedic doc and said i had runner s knee, and that my knee cap was not aligned properly. so i did PT for about a year and continued the excercises at home. since then i have had on and off knee pain and have just ignored it. im 23 now and the pain seems to be getting worse and more frequently. my doc did xray and they were normal. i have an appt. with an orthopedic soon. i hope there is nothing seriously wrong but i feel weird going since my pain is intermitant