What makes a person have an heart attack ?

what makes a person have an heart attack ?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
Liberals driving them mad.

Just got a leaflet through the door telling all the symtoms of a heart attack , it says don t mess about waiting just call the emergency services. Now, I have those symtoms everyday, I also have high b.p. (last checked 120/170 only last week). Am I having heart attacks? Sorry, numbers wrong way round. Feel it like most days but thougt a heart attack was going to be of hollywood proportions, this leaflet describes what I feel.

How can you tell if a person is having one?

Hi, I recently came across an article where it was said in case a person is having heart attack, making them eat aspirin stops the attack. I was wondering if this was true. Also, does the tablet Combiflam contain aspirin and work to create the same effect in stopping a heart attack? If not then what easily available medicine in india does the work? Please advise, this is very important. Regds,

Recent questions on  Heart attack

Hi, I am 55 years old Indian. Suffered and survived a heart attack in year 2000. Angiogram was done and about 30 % of LAD was blocked. Doctor advised not to do stenting, only on medications and was advice to take care diet and exercise. Currently on tab enalapril and aspirin. Missed heart beat is worrying me. Pls advice

hi doctor
my husband has a heart attack patient ,his 1st attack time he pass the urine with blood and starting the pain
and he hospitalized,the doctor found 2 block ,one block is 90% and another one is 30% .The doctor suggested to angioplasty and it is done ,30% block is reduce through medicine.But the problem is that last week my husband has 2nd attack and same symptoms is found urine with blood and doctor is said the 30% block is increase to 40% and he suggested to angioplasty. please tell me why the doctor is suggest to do angioplasty and why this symptoms(urine with blood) shows.

My brother in law has been to the er twice now and has been sick for two months. Nobody can seem to figure out what is wrong with him. His chest hurts, he feels like his heart is beating irregular and he is very dizzy and his hand even keeps getting numb. He had a heart attack about 5 years ago. Do you know what might be the problem?

I have constant PVS's every day, I go to sleep with them, wake up with them. Heart Disease runs in my family and I am afraid this is a sign that something is wrong... I been having them for about 2 years now.. I have been to Dr. my ekg was normal, I was in the hospital a year ago thinking I was having a heart attack and everything was fine.. Had a stress test which was good.. I am 47, what is wrong with me...

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

My father is 91 and his systolic is 228. Don't know the other number. Should I worry?

Hello Doctor, I have had some wisdom tooth pain and went to doctor, he advised me to use hydrogen preoxide one week and lets try the infection go. He took xray of wisdom tooth and said all other looks good. He further said as I have never been to...