What kinda tests will be done for a heart murmur?

lol sorry for asking again im just kinda worried..
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
An echocardiogram, ekg, chest xray, and probably some lab work.

I recently took a fitness test for the Army they found a murmur using a stethoscope. I explained as a child I had a Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA). I failed the medical until I could provide evidence that it had been repaired which it has and I am sourcing off my doctor. Can a PDA that has been corrected still cause a murmur or am I likely to have another issue causing the murmur?

I had gone to the doctor approx. 5 years before, because while i was still in high school, while walking to class both of my calf muscles seized up and i was having a difficult time walking. by the time i had made it to class my left arm and my chest also had sharp stabbing pain. when i went to the doctors she did a blood test and a chest ex-ray and told me i was fine.last year had gone to the doctors after feeling like i was having a difficult time breezing. it would feel like someone was sitting on my chest,and was have a lot of palpitations .. I was diagnosed with a heart murmur, described as one of my valves not closing properly , I was also told that my cholesterol was fine,But I was recently told by a customer of mine that there are degrees of heart murmurs. so my question is it is true and should my doctor have told me that? and i also wanted to know if my earlier episode could have been caused by my murmur and if it could be a sign of something more serious.

so apparently every since i was born i ve had a heart murmur and i just found out about it and im not sure what it is and if its bad or like gonna make me die and im kinda scared btw im 16 idk if thats at all relevant but yeah any info would help oh and are there any precautions i should take ?