Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What kind of treatment is suggested for filariasis ?

can any one suggest weather bandages or soxes are good to control the filariasis . My father is having it since 30yrs, when ever he get tired the leg gets bulges. Now the actual size of the leg is 50% more than the normal leg. He gets pain and fever when it bulges what is the best treatment for it.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Once filaria occur,there is no treatment,you take care of legs by applying Vaseline etc soothing agents to prevent more roughness and itching.
Go for Hetrazan course empirically.
ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
In such an advanced case, you probably require surgery. It cannot be managed with medical methods alone. Does your father suffer from any other illnesses like Diabetes, Hypertension. These need to be controlled before he can be taken up for Surgery. Contact the Doctors of reputed Hospitals who will be able to help him.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor