Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

171 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What kind of specialist doctor should be consulted for pain in the hips while sleeping?

Hip pain especially when trying to sleep. Comes and goes for two or three years, but much worse recently. When I get up, first 5 minutes are very painful, but the more I hobble around, the more the pain subsides. What kind of specialist should I try to see?
Tue, 4 Sep 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It can be a neuropathic pain.

You can consult a neurologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i am having back pain.some time in right and sometimes in left.mean while i have a pain in the right abdomen.some times there will be back pain on both left and, what to do.......and towhich doctor i should well as when i stands for long time or walks for long time then the pain comes to my hip and leg also.plz reply.

doctor1 MD

respected doctor ,,, good evening my name is jiban from nepal .......currently iam working in dubai from the since of November iam now running in 27 yrs ....recently in my office one guy got heart attack on 12 th of this month while he was sleeping ...and unfortunately we are not able to save his life...he was an fine nothing happen to him on previous days ..suddenly happen like that.he was not have bad habit like drink or smoke...after that i have fell little pain in my left chest ..sometime it;s felling in right chest also but i have fell more in left chest s not much pain ..after that i had checked my ecg...and cholesterol..label report is below ecg... hr rate-96 bpm pr interval-164ms qrs duration-74 ms qt\qtc interval-329\417 ms p\qrs\t axis-39\45/34 . rv5/sv1 voltage-1.42/1.12 mv rv5+sv1 voltage-2.54 mv serum cholesterol-159.8 mg/dl serum triglycerides-What142.1 mg/dl after checked doctor said i don;t have any problem he refer to me some medicine ramalaq and voltic but still i have felling same pain doctor what is the problem can be happen to me or what kind of check up should i do...???

doctor1 MD

back question hello my my,name is Audrianna in 21 and 145lbs and im 5 4. I have serious pain in my back I ve been through physical therapy and tried medication like gabatin or mobic which hasn t helped. Sometimes the pain shoots down my legs and hurts in my hips as well it hurts to bend down to pick stuff up and I cannot sleep at night. I have been back to the doctor and they can t seem to do anything. I ve had mri and other imaging done they told me I had bulging disks and degenerative disk disease and my sciatica nerve acts up if you would call it that. I ve asked for some other type if pain medication but they don t wantbto give me narcotics because of my age but my point is if it will help me and give me some relief then why not? I need some kind of help I m in pain everyday and im tired of hurting I need advice on what I should do...