What kind of knee injury is this?

my husband got knee swelling? xray result is ok or no bone damaged. what kind of knee injury is this?
Wed, 18 May 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Dear Mrs Estavillo,
There seems to be some trouble involving the soft tissues and not the bones. It could be the ligaments, meniscus, cartilage, synovium or the joint capsule. Since X-rays are normal, the possibility of an injury to bone can not be ruled out. To be more specific you need an MRI done for your husband. Avoid medicines till a diagnosis is established.
Mail the MRI reports to atulosteoblast@gmail.com
Good day
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hello
Welcome to health care magic forum
x ray reveals only /mostly bony injury or fracture .other form if injury can be soft tissue injury.bleeding in or around the joint or some ligaments injury .there are many ligaments around the knee joint & also cruciate ligament inside the knee joint.So consult orthopedic & give him rest things will improve.

Wish you good health
Disclaimer
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
HI,
If there is soft tissue injury Xray may not see any impression but causes equal problem ,
There is also a possibility of hemorrhage in the knee joint also causing swelling.
If hemorrhage is present or soft tissue injury is there you have to go for one course of antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicines.
If hemorrhage is more some time it require aspiration of blood from the joint.