Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What is your advice on my readings?

i just took my blood pressure and it was 166/93 and my heartbeat was 112 bps whats the advice?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  446
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
i would like to know ur age..
but on this scenario i will advise u to have a go through in emergency near ur home.. as one cannot prescribe u medication without checkup.
wat u can do on ur behalf is to message ur neck area under the ear ...
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma's  Response
Your BP is high.
You need to recheck your BP following standard procedures/precautions.
If consistently high, you need some blood and urine tests, ECG, echo,etc after a detailed clinical evaluation by a physician trained in the management of hypertension.
The treatment will depend on the results of the tests and the clinical impression.
For a beginning, try reducing salt intake, drinking adequate amount of water, fruit and vegetable rich, low-fat diet, stopping smoking, moderation of alcohol intake and regular walking for 30 minutes/day..........Some drugs are needed for the majority of patients to keep their BP under control
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I am 24yrold male
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor