What is vitiligo and how is it treated ?

i am 25 having little white spot in my legs what to do
Sat, 28 Jan 2012
hi
every white spot is not vitiligo.
so dont worry.
is there any trauma over there?
perfect diagnosis to be done only after examine
better to consult dermatologist

10 months first appearance of vitiligo, Hypertensive for 5 years on medication, athritis sporadic pain to more frequent pain now about 2 weeks ago. Visited a homeopath doctor with no experience in viitligo, I was put on advance detoxificatio treatment. What should my regiment treatment be.

i have skin disease called vitiligo & i am taking 10 tablets of betnasol forte in a weak for a long time. When i take this medicine i feel pain in my body, weakness & cannot digest my food properly.so what shoul i do now.Is there any side effects of this on my health.

Hi, I am suffering from Vitiligo and I am undergoing an allopath treatment. I have been prescribed Azoran 50 mg 2 tablets and flutivate cream to be applied daily. BETNESOL FORTE 1 MG 5 tablets on saturday and sunday. What a the side effects of these medicines as the treatment will go for 4 years. I feel tired and energiless nowadays. My legs and hands gets numb if I sit for a long time.

Recent questions on  Vitiligo

About a year ago, I started seeing white spots on my legs...they have multiplied rapidly. The dermatologist diagnosed it as Vitiligo. I am currently applying Pigmento ointment (charak). I was sent Vitiligo 30 sublingual pills from Biogetica, as well as Pigmento Tablets. I am a breast cancer survivor (2), and have had reconstruction. I am 68, and 5 4 tall...weigh 154 lbs. I am really scared to ingest the pills for fear that it will do liver damage. One of the pills contain Arsen Sulph . How harmful is this? Please advise. Thank you. Juliet

I have vitiligo . the only normal skin pigment I have left is on both cheeks on my face . I want to get rid of it permanently . There has to be something available to help me ! I have been to a dermatologist in both Wheeling , WV and in Pittsburgh , PA . The one in Wheeling did several Fraxal ( ??) lasure treatments and then said he was done because the results weren t worth doing more . The one in Pittsburgh gave much false hope That was in the middle of March as of yet I STILL have not been given the prescriptions she recommended . They were basically for skin cancer , not approved by the FDA and both medicare and my insurance refused to pay for those reasons . today I got a call saying since they can t get them to approve the drugs good bye your on your own unless you pay for them yourself otherwise , we re done with you . the drugs were close to $300.00 with no guarantee of helping

Hello Doctor,I have vitiligo since 12 years. The patches are increasing very slowly.I am taking NB-Phototherapy and Tacrolimus.The pathches are not showing much improvemnt since last 2 years.I am thinking of using Lukoskin (Aimil Pharma) alongwith Phototherapy.Is taking Lukoskin with NB advisable? Regards,SS

hello doctor, my name is jenny i m a vitiligo patient.. my height-164, weight-65. when i was 6 years its started. Now im taking these medicines, CARBOLA TABLETS CASERA TABLETS DECARIS TABLETS HH SONE OINTMENT MELANOCYL OINTMENT TACROLIMUS OINTMENT KRACK OINTMENT is this medicine is good to cure vitiligo? Next mnth i m getting married so i just want to know whether there is any side effects for this medicine.

Hello, I had a scab near my mouth following dryness and it fell off and it appears whitish now. My inner upper lip also looks hypo-pigmented. I have had allergies and a sore mouth previously. Doctors seemed uncertain. At the emergency, another...

Hello Doctor, My son is 2yrs 5m old. He has a fair skin. Around 2 months back he developed small white patch under his right eye. First we thought may be it was because of some allergy , but instead of decreasing it increased and we are getting...

Dear Sir, My name is XXXXXXX 43 years old and i am from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Few weeks back i had developed few white patches of skin around my neck , armpit and thighs. I met with skin doctor , who said it is Vitiligo disease and there is no...