What is vitiligo and how is it treated ?

i am 25 having little white spot in my legs what to do
Sat, 28 Jan 2012
hi
every white spot is not vitiligo.
so dont worry.
is there any trauma over there?
perfect diagnosis to be done only after examine
better to consult dermatologist

Hi. my name is merci wood. I wanted to know what s the chances of having vitiligo if a parent has it. I m 17 years of age, and have no signs of vitiligo marks on my body, however I did have very bad eczema as a child but it has cleared over time and I haven t had it since I was in elementary school. I m a junior in high school now. I just recently got in touch with my real dad and discovered that he has vitiligo. I m not sure how long he s had it but I ve seen pics of him at age 37 with very few vitiligo markings and he s 38 now and it s getting worse in taking over his body. I m very scared, he has 2 other children both younger than I am. am I at risk, should I be worried ? I take good care of my skin, my skin is in very good condition haven t had any eczema, only puberty bumps every now and than. please consult me....

10 months first appearance of vitiligo, Hypertensive for 5 years on medication, athritis sporadic pain to more frequent pain now about 2 weeks ago. Visited a homeopath doctor with no experience in viitligo, I was put on advance detoxificatio treatment. What should my regiment treatment be.

i have skin disease called vitiligo & i am taking 10 tablets of betnasol forte in a weak for a long time. When i take this medicine i feel pain in my body, weakness & cannot digest my food properly.so what shoul i do now.Is there any side effects of this on my health.

Recent questions on  Vitiligo

hello doc i m frm India(19 years - male). i ve got vitiligo in 80% of my body like above eyelid, knees, small areas around bones in ankles, and nipples. Darmatologists prescibed me trioxalen usp 25mg, tacrolimus .1% , mometasone furoate .1% usp, nb uv-b,etc. After 2 months of treatment, there s no change in vitiligo size but get reddish pink. Doc substituted mometasone with halobatasol propionate .05% due to low stock of mometasone in govt hosp and skin started peeling off nipples as a result to inc vil. size and no were else. So doc stopped tacrolimus ointment . But skin is still peeling off my nipples and size is increasing. What to do ??? Should i use tacrolimus and insist using mometasone furoate.. PLZ HELP

7yrs old mch with c/o sudden loss of vision 7 days back and vitiligo since 5 yrs.Child had olso recieved 5 unit of blood .my question is whether any ass 7 yrs male child with c/c uveitis and sudden loss of vision 7 days back. .vitiligo since 5yrs.child had recieved 5 unit of blood.my question is there any relation between uveitis and vitiligo

hello doctor i am 19 years old ! i hav a little big vitiligo spots near m eyebrows n few small spots near m oral cavity (mouth). i am taking melanocyl tablets and aftr 2 hrs i am taking UV-A lights ! i hav found two very light spot near m stomach and one on m bak! because of vitiligo m few hairs of eyebrows hav turned white ! i had thyroid also bt now its gone ! is der any way to turn white hair black and wil dis vitiligo go ? looking forward for ur suggestion regarding medicine and does laser treatment work?

my daughter is 10 years, she is suffering from vitiligo. she is taking diaris child one tablet on saturday & sunday since 4 years.problem is she is having headache,gas. as she can not stop the medicine what is the alternative for this. YYYY@YYYY constantly she is having pain in stomach also.tommorow i will get her ultrasoung done.

Hello, I had a scab near my mouth following dryness and it fell off and it appears whitish now. My inner upper lip also looks hypo-pigmented. I have had allergies and a sore mouth previously. Doctors seemed uncertain. At the emergency, another...

Hello Doctor, My son is 2yrs 5m old. He has a fair skin. Around 2 months back he developed small white patch under his right eye. First we thought may be it was because of some allergy , but instead of decreasing it increased and we are getting...

Dear Sir, My name is XXXXXXX 43 years old and i am from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Few weeks back i had developed few white patches of skin around my neck , armpit and thighs. I met with skin doctor , who said it is Vitiligo disease and there is no...