What is vitiligo and how is it treated ?

i am 25 having little white spot in my legs what to do
Sat, 28 Jan 2012
hi
every white spot is not vitiligo.
so dont worry.
is there any trauma over there?
perfect diagnosis to be done only after examine
better to consult dermatologist

10 months first appearance of vitiligo, Hypertensive for 5 years on medication, athritis sporadic pain to more frequent pain now about 2 weeks ago. Visited a homeopath doctor with no experience in viitligo, I was put on advance detoxificatio treatment. What should my regiment treatment be.

i have skin disease called vitiligo & i am taking 10 tablets of betnasol forte in a weak for a long time. When i take this medicine i feel pain in my body, weakness & cannot digest my food properly.so what shoul i do now.Is there any side effects of this on my health.

Vitilogo start before 12 years. one spot at back. Emovate cream and Vit B Complex used for 3 months. spot disppeared. Wite spot sometimes comes used Clobevate disappaered after some use. Now spots appear since 3 months. using same ointment. Vitix Tablet daily. Eczemus one time daily on spots. but no effect. sometime blisters appear with itching. Spots develop on arms belly. what to du

Recent questions on Vitiligo

Hi Dr. my baby is 7 months old ( 2 months premature) the paeditracian said that the hypopigmented lesions were probably related to inflammation to dry skin, but a dermatologic said it was vitiligo, What tests should be done in order to know what caused it and what kind of teratment must her recived?

My 7yr old daughter is having white patches on her left knee since last 2 years . we have taken opinion of several dermatologists and all have their own opinions and different views . I feel even renowned doctors are also not able to diagnose the problem correctly . please help I have attached the latest pics of her leg for your reference. I will start from the beginning in june 2012 she got hurt on her left knee and it was badly bruised, we applied medicines which we normally do and it got ok in a week , new skin came and it was little whitish in shade as it normally is and we thaught it will change to normal color later , which didn’t happen and it started getting more white when it became a 1” round white patch we went to show a dermatologist , where she diagnosed it as vitiligo and gave melanocyl ointment with evion cream{ apply and expose to sun for 1 min} , also momate cream. Although dark circles formed around the patches with tiny very faint white patches forming around the big white patch . which doctor suggested us to apply the same cream, unfortunately these patches also got skin burn and became very bright and visible after treatment. we had this painful treatment for about 6-7 months with regular checkups , her skin used to get burnt if applied daily so we requested doctor to advise a less painful treatment then she gave us vitix cream and melgain lotion to apply on the patches. We used it for about 6 months again, initially for 2-3 months patches got little faint but then these medicines did not affect much on the patches. We tried to take advise of another dermatologist as she started getting red rashes on her arms do to excessive exposure to sun {as requited in previous treatment }. He said it is not vitiligo and suggested momate and placentrex cream for the knee and fucibet cream for red rashes . although red rashes got cleared in a weeks time but white patches on knee remained unaffected even after 3 months of treatment . red rashes reapper now and then but we use flucibet and it gets cured in 2-3 days . We then consulted a very renowned dermatologist for her knee patches , and he very confidently said it is not vitiligo and it is some pigmentation problem and also due to excessive usage of irrelevant medicines . he prescribed tacmod cream and mupi cream for these patches . although these patches are very slowly getting faint but very very faint white patches are forming on the left thigh region just above the knee { visible in pics} . please suggest the best treatment for it and also tell us what is the cause of this . myself my wife and all our families do not have vitiligo , she also has these patches only on her left knee and not anywhere else on her body ….. please tell us the correct diagnosis ……waiting for your reply …..

Hello doctor`s i am affected for vitiligo,from 1998 at the age of 20,started with my thumb finger,at the time i am consult doctor and taken the English tablets of Eldem, and melorom till 2002,but it is not satisfied then i am consult other doctor at chennai Dr,Karthikeyan he is also the English medicine, he would be given the course of treatement and given tablets i am not able to remember,but not satisfied is it not reduced but star spreading ,then i move to homo medicine, for 8 month it is also not reduced still increase , then move to siddha medicine from anna hospital at annanagar for one year,it respond slowly but result is increase,now it is spread with all the fingers and palms and foot palms also and face surrounding the mouth,then i move to PUVA it give good result reduce the patches from face for first 3 months but not respond in fingers,still i am continue with PUVA for last 1year 6 months but now it is not respond start increasing with my face and fingers also, i am requesting you please help me any one guide me what i need to do in the next step to stop spreading ,i consult doctor he told me there is no option this is the only way need to continue the same treatment. please help me any one to find the write treatment for this stage. Thanks Ravikumar Chennai.

Hi Doctor, My daughter is 5 yrs old. She has a black spot on upper left on her lips - for which we are undergoing homeopathic treatment since just 1 month. Suddenly yesterday we found a white spot her her anus. I am scared is it vitiligo??and if it is vitiligo can it be cured??

Hello, I had a scab near my mouth following dryness and it fell off and it appears whitish now. My inner upper lip also looks hypo-pigmented. I have had allergies and a sore mouth previously. Doctors seemed uncertain. At the emergency, another...

Hello Doctor, My son is 2yrs 5m old. He has a fair skin. Around 2 months back he developed small white patch under his right eye. First we thought may be it was because of some allergy , but instead of decreasing it increased and we are getting...

Dear Sir, My name is XXXXXXX 43 years old and i am from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Few weeks back i had developed few white patches of skin around my neck , armpit and thighs. I met with skin doctor , who said it is Vitiligo disease and there is no...