Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

What is this yellow layer on the head of my penis ?

hi , i m 19 yo, i have found that i had a yellow layer on my penis head it covers it the bottom rim of my penis it gets cleared when i washed it,it regenerates.. often causes irritation when not washed but no pain
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  427
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The yellow layer on the penis between the glance(head of penis) and the skin over it is called smegma.It occurs in people who are not circumcised and is due to residue of few drops of urine & few drops of semen getting collected between the place.Keep cleaning & washing the area daily with water and you will not have any problems .Please don't worry.
Answered: Fri, 8 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor