Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What is this white and sort of lump discharge from my vagina and what remedy should be taken ?

I am having unusual vaginal discharge . It is white and sort of lumpy. I am sexually active but also very careful about using protection. This has been going on for a day. Could this be a yeast infection? If so, are there any OTC remedies I could use to treat it that actually work?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

White discharge without any itching or odor, if mucoid is very normal, even if your sexually active, nothing needs to be done

But if this is associated with itching, curdy white changes in the discharge , and some changes in the vaginal area , may suggest a yeast infection called candida vaginitis .

Treatment includes
1. avoid nylon undergarments, use cotton one
2. Tab . CITREZENE an OTC anti histaminic for itching
3. LOTRIMIN/CLOTRIMAZOLE cream can be applied at bed time for 6 days
4. Also use LACTACYD lotion for feminine hygeine, this helps in protecting from the infection as it has protective bacilli.
5. Your partner may need an examination too.

Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor