Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What is this soft pink lump on inside of my lip ?

Soft squishy pink lump on inside of lip, It s been there for a few months now, and I have no idea how I got it, but I think it s getting slightly larger and people are starting to notice and it s gross looking. I want to get rid of it but don t know what it is or how to treat it. It doesn t hurt or anything. Also, if I bite it (Which I did by accident a few times) It turns blood red. Please get back to me with useful info.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  451
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.This could be a cyst.It is a bag like structure beneath the skin and when it gets filled it enlarges in size and becomes visible.Best thing what you can do is ,visit your primary care physician and confirm the diagnosis and then with the help of surgeon get rid of it.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You could be having a Pyogenic granuloma or a hemangioma which presents commonly on the inner side of lips, gums. You need to avoid biting it as it can bleed. You should contact a Surgeon for proper examination and management which includes cauterisation to excision of the mass.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor