Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What is this reason of a swollened lump on the top of my butt crack mean ? which is painful

hello. i have a lump and it swollened on the top of my butt crack . and when i lay down or sit down it hurts. it dosent hurt that much when i walk or stand. also it hurts if i try to lay down or sit down correctly ; i always have to move to feel comfortable but im still not comfortable. like now im laying down regaular and im in pain but im need to be comfortable. what does this mean ?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  7023
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

The common skin infection on buttocks is folliculitis.. folliculitis is infection of the hair follicle.. you can apply neomycin cream twice daily for a week,.. do not prick or scratch with finger it will lead to secondary infections... you are needed to consult a dermatologist.. i hope i have answered your question...

Thank you...
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.You might be having some pus collection in that area.that is the reason why its pain a need physical examination and course of antibiotics for this.Please do not ignore this as infection can this area can spread fast.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The lump or swelling on top of the butt crack is probably an abscess or a cyst.Please get examined by a doctor to find what it is and if it is an abscess then you will need antibiotics which the doctor will prescribe.If you don't get relief with the antibiotics or the swelling increases then you will have to consult a surgeon for surgical drainage of pus if any or removal of the cyst if it is so.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor