Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What is this excess skin growth on my 6 year old sons cheeks which is red in color ?

Hi. 5months ago i noticed a spot on my 6 year olds cheek, it s since developed into something I ve not seen before. It has grown outward from his cheek and grown excess skin and looks as if it s a worm hanging off his cheek. It s length is about 4mm and it s still growing. The colour is reddish and is white/grey at the tip. Do you have any idea what it could be and will it stop growing, it doesn t cause any discomfort. Thanks x
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
An irregularly constantly growing skin spot or mole can be a cancerous growth. It needs to be investigated, biopsied for the diagnosis. Complete excision of the growing mass along with removal of the surrounding tissue is needed. Do consult your dermatologist soon.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor