What is the use of taking gestine tablet and will this cause any harm to the child?

Hi.iam now 8 weeks 1day. 2day my gynoc prescribed me to take gestine 5mg morning n night after food. I had my 2miscarriage one by feb2013 n one in may 2013. So pl let me know for wat m I prescribed this tablet. Is that safe for me n my kid.? Pl clear my doubts.
Tue, 25 Mar 2014
Gestin contains allenestrenol.
It is a progesterone.
According to studies it belongs to category C drugs in pregnancy.
For more details : http://www.medindia.net/doctors/drug_information/allylestrenol.htm
Means animals studies have shown possible risk to fetus but sufficient human studies are lacking.
Progesterone helps in preventing miscarriage.
So, if your doctor says that benefits overweight the risks in your case, you can use the tablets.
Better to use natural micronized progesterone as per as possible.