What is the use of cetzine tablet ?

i was getting small red pimples on my face? my skin doctor prescribed me cetzine tablets...what is the use of this tablet? why is it given?
Mon, 11 Apr 2011
hi
welcome to healthcare magic forum
cetzine is one of antihistamin group of medicine used for the treatment allergic condition.

Thank you
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello sana;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The tablet prescribed by the doctor is a antihistaminic called cetrizine hydrochloride.It is a antiallergic so it is prescribed even for itching and redness due to allergic reaction due to use of any cream/medicine/insectbite or just a hypersensitive skin reaction.
In your case why it has been given your doctor will be the correct person to answer this.
Thanks