What is the use of Vizylac capsules?

Hello, what is the use of Vizylac capsules, why are they prescribed?
Tue, 17 May 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi!
Welcome to healthcaremagic.com.Vyzilac is a brand name. It contains certain spores that produce vitamin B complex factors along with vitamin B substances and folic acid. It is given along with antibiotics or in diarrhoeal states to correct the imbalance in the gut flora.

Pediatrician Dr. Taher Kagalwala's  Response
Vizylac is a probiotic. A pro (for) biotic (life) is a medicine that contains live germs that are helpful in the body. Vizylac has Lactobacilli, a type of bacteria that can help restore normalcy in the gut, help increase local immunity, help eliminate disease-causing organisms, and, if used correctly, also help make vitamins and nutrients for us. Probiotics are useful in patients with diarrhoea, esp. if chronic, and also in people with immune-related gut diseases like Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.

2 users find this helpful