What is the use of PAM?

if poison is taken and admitted in hospital..pam medcines is given is thr any chance of death
Tue, 1 Sep 2009
's  Response
PAM is Pralidoxime Chloride which is an anti Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. It is used for humans along with Atropine to treat Organophosphorus poisoning ( Parathion, Malathion and most pesticides have this organic phosphorus). It is also used for over dosage medicines, such as ambenonium, neostigmine, and pyridostigmine, that are used to treat myasthenia gravis. It is available in injection and tablet forms. The poisons mentioned above cause muscles weak especially the muscles assisting in breathing. Pralidoxime is used to help get back strength in those muscles there by reducing the respiratory arrest. So the chances of death are reduced with PAM.