Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment of seizures for a 18 months old baby ?

My son is 18 months old and he is a 4 weeks premature baby. His head circumference was 29 cms at birth and now 37 cms. Doctors suspected Microcephaly and upon ct scan , they diagnosed mild acc. He gets mild seizures occasionally. He can t walk and talk even at the age of 1 and half year . He can crawl with help and walk in a walker with much ease. He doesn t smile much and avoids eye contact . He back arches a lot and especially when he has collic problem. His eating habits are normal and likes fruits. He likes to play with balls around him in lying position and hits them with hands and legs. He can remember what ever shown to him and can recognize them with pointing his hand when shown to him even after 10 days or more without difficulty. He is currently getting physiotherapy. Can you please advise a better treatment for his condition. We reside near Hyderabad,. AP.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

I suggest you to collect a chart of regular milestones of a child.

You be in continuous follow-up with your pediatrician.

Also constantly monitor your child as to how many milestones he is able to achieve.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.


Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor