Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
178 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment of rash and lump behind ear ?

I have a rash that starts below my ears on my neck. it is itchy and blotchy - sometimes feels very warm - swollen lymph nodes - also started getting rash/bumps behind ears, back of neck/base of head, on scalp. starts out as little bumps - if scratched, makes them worse, more heated and more itchy. bumps eventually get a very small hard white tip. have breakout on forehead at times as well mostly near hairline. my skin is not dry - always apply lotion after showering. tried using medicated shampoo, after two applications, made my scalp flake, (dandruff snowstorm).
Mon, 18 Jan 2016
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Dentist 's  Response

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns.

As per your complain the symptoms seems to be like Seborrheic Dermatitis leading to flaking of scalp and dandruff while bumps can be due to Folliculitis..
Both the conditions can continue to worsen and become more severe if not treated..
You should consult a Trichologist and get evaluated and he can do a thorough clinical evaluation as well as microscopic examination of the flakes and confirm the cause..
The swollen lymph nodes seems to be due to infection..
In case of Seborrheic Dermatitis Trichologist can advise you to wash your hairs with shampoo containing Ketaconazole, salicylic acid, zinc, selenium and sulfur..
You can also keep scalp clean and wash your hairs every alternate day..
For folliculitis oral as well as topical lotion of antibiotics can be advised to you..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m writing you about a very troubling sore on a young boy s ear. I have a pic I can email you and I m wondering if you have ever seen anything...

Recent questions on  Skin rash

doctor1 MD

I have some tube of rash round like the size of Aimee some it God away u can't Evan see it some other time it show like red hot pinky color it...

doctor1 MD

I have a rash and am unable to pinpoint the cause. I have been to a dermatologist who prescribed claritin in am and antihistimine in pm and steroid...

doctor1 MD

My husband has an itchy rash on his lower legs and feet. It almost looks like little pin pricks that are raised up a little he did do some trimming...

doctor1 MD

My partner is male, 40 years old, he has a red rash on both of his shins, when I say rash it looks like bruising under the skin, the skin is also a...

doctor1 MD

I have pain and swelling under my upper arm on both sides. I am 70 female.

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and...

doctor1 MD

I am getting skin rash after taking Bactrim. Hands, feet. Should I take Benadryl?