Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment of bilateral hydronephrosis ?

Hello, My grandson was diagnosed with bilateral hydronephosis whilst in the womb . Since then, he is just eight, he has had scans and recently had a dye scan. The latest result shows that his left kidney has not grown, and they both have scarring.In the right, the lower ureter is prominent, and calyseal dilatation persists almost same after emptying the bladder . He suffers from reflux, which they say is due to the persistant dilatation of the lower ureters and mild dilatation of the left upper and right upper and lower calyces. Can you tell me if anything can be done to treat this condition? Anxious Grandma.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  412
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi and welcome to healthcare magic!!
well you can consult a paediatric nephrologist or a nephrologist and get to know the various treatment modalities available including renal transplantation which might be needed in your grandson's condition.
take care.
Answered: Sun, 14 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor