What is the treatment for typhoid fever?

I was diagnosed Typhoid abt 4 weeks back ,the first one week i was on antibiotics and later my fever subsided and was asked to continue with regular food.However,there are a few friends of mine who say that we need to eat only "bland"food for about 2 months.Just to be on the safer side i have been on a bland diet for 4 weeks now.Can you please advise as to how many days post -typhoid can i have normal food?
Mon, 15 Jun 2015
Hello
I want to tell you one thing that typhoid fever is caused by Salmonella ( 4 types ) .
Once you take the treatment , as advised by your doctor you got response and bacteria killed within 14 days course ( optimum ) .
Because typhoid fever is a disease of intestine , so few peoples advise to take light food , that is also good for intestine.
However , once you completed treatment , you can start normal food as you like.
However light food , otherwise also good for intestine.
Good luck.