• question-icon

What is the treatment for thyroid deficiency?

hi i am planning for baby so my doctor said to tke tsh test and she found my tsh value was 2.45 which is normal but she told me to take thronorm25 for 1 month as per her advice i took this medicine later when i took tsh test i found that my value as been increased to 5.2 but now my doctor is saying im having thyroid deficiency what is this?when everything was normal she told me to tke this medicine which resulted thyroid deficiency.can u please explain what is going on...and please tel me whether to continue thyronorm25 will it help me in conceiving please advice
Wed, 16 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

First of all do you have hypothyroid or hyperthyroidism symptoms? Like cold or hot sensation, weight gain or weight loss, appetite problem, menstrual problem, or thyroid swelling or palpitations. All these things seek medical attention. If you do not have any of the above and blood report was also normal then you should not take any medications. But for now, get done your serum T3, T4 and TSH or free T3, T4, TSH. If these values are normal then it's okay. If they are below or above the range consult an endocrinologist.

Thank you!