What is the treatment for the clots in the lungs having Factor V Leiden disorder?

Hi Dr, I have Hep C (normal liver enzymes) and I have factor V Leiden genetic blood disorder. I have had blood clots in my lungs twice (once 12 years ago , when I stayed on warfarin for 6 months and then used foods and chinese herbs and lots of water to stop further clotting) and just recently I have found that I have tiny clots,non life threatening, in my R and L lungs, which the doctors have treated with Xarelto. They tell me to stay on this for life. I am 60 years old and am have a little extra weight, which I am losing at present. I exercise and eat properly. I have read that Xarelto may cause problems with my bone density (osteoporosis). I feel I caused the clots from lack of water and weight gain and I had been consuming alcohol. What cause of action would you consider? Caren from Sydney
Fri, 20 Mar 2015