Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
183 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for swollen and painful ears?

I got my cartilage pierced a year ago and a year later the helix part of my ear hurts and is swolen and alittle red. There is a tiny hole (more like a dip in the skin) very close to where the pain started but now its moved to that spot and the pain is spreading up and inside around the helix area. I dont think its connected to my cartilage piercing because its been a year but I don t know. My walk-in doc said it might be a sist of some kind but she didnt thoroughly check it, infact she didnt check it out that much at all. She just prescribed an antibiotic pill and said put a hot towel on the area for 5 mins a day. Can you help me?
Fri, 17 Oct 2014
Report Abuse
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for your query,
it looks like otitis externa, spreading superficial infection, requires oral antibiotics and ointment. visit an ent surgeon. hope I have answered your query. all the best. take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My ear was swallowed from last three days.and also much painfully.I using the medicine as earwel tonic for external use and also taking amoxicillin...