Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for scar on face got by an accident

hello sir this is sahil 19 yrs old.Around seven years back i met an accident..due to which i got stitches on my left cheek.the scar is very much visible till date..the scar is about 3-4cm long..i get concious about it whenever i meet has become a major problem for me.Sir,i want to know if there is any way by which my problem can be sorted out ,so that i can get rid of this mark.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi! sahil,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
Treatment depends upon the texture,length and width of scar.Also whether it is raised or depressed from the skin level.You can meet a plastic surgeon for the same.Now a days there are lasers for resurfacing of scars ..and if it depressed then you can go for fillers .If possible plastic surgeon can do a scar revision too.
Take care,
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor