Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for rheumatic fever ?

Hi, I am 27 yr, male. I am suffering from rheumatic fever and my ASO vaule is 215 and ESR value is 58. what kind of treatment I should go for.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  418
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Rheumatic fever treatment is a complex treatment and has to be continued for a prolonged periods and that includes pain killers and anti inflammatory like salicylates to relieve pain and antibiotics like penicillin and if the patient is allergic to penecillin then other antibiotics;in infective periods even steroids may be needed.If there is carditis or involvement of heart then the treatment has to be according to the condition of the patient.So please consult a Physician M.D and he will give you the required treatment after examination.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You need ECG and ECHO of heart and if there is carditis you need Steroid treatment. Proper fluid hydration important. Also NSAID therapy is needed for painful joints and rashes. Penicillin therapy will also be given. Consult your Cardiologist who will plan according to your problems your management. Heart valve may be damaged. Be careful. Avoid heavy work. Avoid fatty food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Do brisk walking exercise everyday.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor