Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for pus filled bumps on left butt cheek?

My husband has a cluster of red pulses filled bumps on his left butt cheek he says they hurt to the touch he can't even sit down .... He recently went to the gym and didn't take a shower after coming home and then these bumps appeared they first just looked like a rash and were itchy now they are pus filled and painful
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,I have read your query and according to me there may be :
1)If they are filled with pus then they are carbuncles and you should start antibiotics AMOXYCILLIN-500mg+CLAVULINICACID-125mg thrice a day for seven days.
2)If initially they are filled with water-like transparent secretion, then this may be HERPESZOSTER .So you should start FAMCYCLOVIR-500mg thrice a day for five to seven days and you should consult a skin specialist.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor