As you said, you brother suffers from psoriasis
. It is a chronic and relapsing skin disease. I can understand your anxiety for his disease. But,both of you have to keep patience. He might get relief slowly. And due to some factors it might relapse...Remember it is a controllable disease. And there is no perfect treatment in ayurvedic or homeopathy
.You take him to consult nearby dermatologist
for firm diagnosis and perfect treatment.
I would like to suggest few things as follow....
25 mg daily
- methotraxate 15 mg weekly in three devided doses of 5 mg 12 hourly.
- Blood tests ..routine & LFT may be done at regular intervals
- Steroid with salicylic acid
oint may be applied twice a day on the psoriatic lesions...on trunk and extremities
- But, please avoid the use of betnovate on psoriatic lesions on foreskin and soft tissue
areas..as it is a moderately strong steroid....apply mild steroid cream like mometasone
- Soap bath should be avoided.
- All precautions may be taken to avoid dryness of skin. Winter might worsen due to dry weather. So, take care.
After few months treatment..he may be alright. But, maintenance therapy may be continued. And if there is relapse, he may restart the treatment.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD