• question-icon

What is the treatment for pneumonitis in children?

Hello, my daughter who is 2 years and 10 months has been having fever for the past month or so. It was acute early on with persistent cough which was diagnosed to be penumonitis and medications given accordingly. However, inspite of continous treatment with antibiotics and cough medicine, her fever has returned over the past few days (very mild - rises to 100 and then goes back when she sweats) and dry cough. Could you please suggest what the causes could be?
Tue, 26 Dec 2017
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello

There might be several causes however i strongly recommend you to take her pediatritian opinion for every concern.

Dr.Jolanda