Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
166 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for phimosis?

I'm am a 21 year old boy suffering from phimosis. i started noticing the condition this condition around 4 years back before which i had a normal functioning penis with full retraction of the foreskin. The foreskin started to get tighter as i grew up and now i'm unable to retract my foreskin. The tightening has stopped now. Last year i consulted a local general physician who confirmed that it was phimosis indeed. Is it possible to cure this condition without any surgical treatments like circumcision?
Mon, 9 Sep 2019
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response

Need for circumcision depends on the severity of the phimosis. If it started for 1 year you need to get a direct check-up with a urologist and rule out diabetes or infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr B. Radhakrishnan. Nair, OBGYN
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am and 85 year old male with what I have self diagnosed via Web MD as Phimosis.. Closure is still taking place and I probably need to have...

Recent questions on  Circumcision

doctor1 MD

Hello I recently had a circumcision (3 weeks) and from the erections I've had since I fear they might have nipped to much skin from it. It feels...

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old and I'm about to get married in next 6 months. I have a tight fore skin and I want to get circumcision. I live in Bangalore and...

doctor1 MD

I have a slight problem around my penis area. For around 2 weeks now, I have been getting quite alot of pain around the base of the head of my...

doctor1 MD

hi.. i m john male30 i m suffring with yeast infaction during one month.i have take some antibiotic given by my doc i hv no idea about name and...

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are...

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in...

doctor1 MD

Hi there Dr. Kakkar, I have asked you a question before about pumps on my penis. I went to see a local doctor and he confirmed your diagnosis and...