• question-icon

What is the treatment for pain in thigh along with muscle twitching?

I am a 38 year old male. I am having mild to moderate pain in my thigh. Deep in nature but the thigh can also be sensitive to the touch. There is no swelling or visible deformity. I have left side pain and numbness that comes and goes down in my neck, though my arm to my finger and at times in my chest. I am also having muscle twitching in my calves and thighs, rarely but sometimes the twitching comes above the waist to my forearms or face. My blood work is good with no abnormalities. I have had a clear MRI of the brain and a clear cardiac stress test. I am scheduled with a Rheumatologist within the next month, however, I welcome your opinion. Thank you.
Tue, 20 Nov 2018

Consult a neurologist and get evaluated.

Most probably it is due to neuropathic causes.

A detailed evaluation including MRI and nerve conduction study are required.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,