What is the treatment for osteophytes along femorotibial joint margins?

Hi i have a root tear of the attachment of posterior horn of medial meniscus Also moderater knee joint effusion and small osteophytes along femoro tibial joint margins and altered signal intensity in mcl indicTing strain and myxoid degeneration is noted inacl. Can you pls explain also what is the treatment for it
Mon, 8 Apr 2019
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

Usually, the active knee range of motion is around 120° and the passive is 140°. 140° means heel to hip. So first we need to use hot water fermentation for relaxing the muscles and provide maximum vasodilation. post this knee ROM exercises along with using the knee brace.

Post this doing strengthening exercises for the muscles of the knee is of utmost importance to provide knee stability and also improve joint space. Once joint space is attained then you should be not having much trouble.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Jay Indravadan Patel, Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist