What is the treatment for oral thrush?

I have had oral thrush for a little over a month now. I am a 39 yr old female, not nursing, not on antibiotics currently or recently. Don't drink, smoke, or have asthma. I do have anemia and low white blood cell counts (don't have cancer nor am i undergoing chemo). I was started on oral lamisil, and things quickly got worse. Also, started on "magic mouthwash" which i have continued doing, but i was quickly switched from the antifungal to diflucan, which i have been on for nearly 30 days. I am eating yogurt and/or taking acidophilus daily. How long does this usually last, and what could have caused it?
Mon, 9 Nov 2015
Dentist 's  Response

As per your complaint, it seems that you have oral thrush and can occur due to a number of reasons like dry mouth, steroid intake oral or nasal, diabetes, and low immunity etcetera.

As it is persistent even after thirty days of taking Diflucan (Fluconazole), you should consult an oral physician and get a thorough evaluation done along with investigations like a biopsy of the lesion to rule out the exact cause of the problem and treatment of underlying cause will resolve the problem. As of now continue the medicines.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora