What is the treatment for mouth ulcers?

I am 32 yrs old

and getting frequent mouth ulcers from last six months.

I Have consulted various doctors...

they all have suggested..vitamin and b-complex tablets

as long as i continue taking the vitamin tablets...

they ulcers disappear...else re occur

pls suggest some good medication

or the root cause of the problem

Mon, 26 Oct 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain it seems that you are suffering from RECURRENT APTHOUS ULCERS which can occur due to a number of conditions like Nutritional Deficiencies of Iron and Vitamin B12, stress, acid reflux, hormonal imbalances, Diabetes, allergies, etc..
You should consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated and he can advise you to get certain investigations done like Fasting and post meal blood sugar levels, Hemoglobin %, serum Vitamin B12 levels, hormonal profile, endoscopy etc..
Treatment of underlying cause will resolve the problem..
As for now you can take Multivitamin supplements and if ulcers does not resolve short course of steroids will relieve..
Gargle with 1:1 solution of benadryl and Milk of Magnesia..
Gargle with numbing gel to relieve pain..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards..
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora